This is one of success cases done by DFL engineer today. The drive can get ready, F3 T> is accessible, but suffer from partial access issue.
Patient drive: ST2000DM001 Part Number: 1CH164-302
SN:W1E3GRET Firmware: CC26
Capacity: 2TB Manufacture date: February 2013
Drive can spin up, no clicking noise, IDed correctly, but cannot access to data area and only able to scan a small part from the beginning.
Data Recovery Solution
Following steps were performed for this case:
- Back up the critical sys modules, like 1B, 28, 35.
- Check G list by input V4 command and check NG list by input V40 command.
- Clean G list and NG list.
- Fix media cache issue.
- Regenerate translator by using combo command.
- Scan the drive: the whole drive can be scanned smoothly and work perfectly after regeneration.
- Data extraction: we use DDP file extractor to check the data, all the files are accessible and all files are recovered.
Welcome to send your questions or enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or add Dolphin Skype ID: dolphin.data.lab for any consultation.