To repair hard drive bad sectors, it requires the users to diagnose the hard drives first to find out what are the real causes of the bad sectors you are going to repair.
Bad Sector Types And Repair Solutions
- Bad sector type 1: logical bad sectors due to some logical errors and not many sectors, users can scan and add to plist or glist or merge from glist to plist;Then format with plist.
- Bad sector type 2: due to bad or downgraded head and the read is not stable, at this time, users need to cut heads and then perform format with plist;
- Bad sector type 3: If the bad sectors are caused by adaptive parameters, users can run ARCO 46 and then format with plist;
- Bad sector type 4: if it’s a small physical sctatch, users can use add to p-list by LBA or cut zones and then run format with plist.
- Bad sector type 5: if it’s due to dirty heads, usually clients need to do this way by cleaning the heads.
- Bad sector type 6: if there’re too many bad and irregular sectors, need to run arco optimize and 28 selftest. Read more