This is one of success data recovery cases done by DFL engineer today for an Australian user. The patient drive cannot read PCB information and module list.
Patient drive: WD10TMVW-11ZSMS4
PCB:2060-771692-005 REV A
Family: HELIOS Capacity: 1TB
I have converted both the pcb from usb to sata compatible and also swapped rom chip. drive spins up. no clicking. I can get hdd info, model, firmware, serial, capacity etc. but under WD software I cannot get head number etc when I click on auto get detail. cannot access file extraction etc.
Data Recovery Solution
Following steps were performed for this case:
- Short connect the PCB since the ROM and PCB information cannot be read.
- Back up ROM. But when we tried to read the firmware modules, a lot of modules show error.
- Short connect again, disable 02 module and back up the important modules only, such as ATA module.
- Load loaders automatically;
- Fix the common issue through slow fix function.
- Enable 02 module- firmware restart- exit program and re-enter program
Welcome to send your questions or enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or add Dolphin Skype ID: dolphin.data.lab for any consultation.